Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Game 6 recap: I wish the season ended tonight.

Tonight’s game will go down in NBA finals history. And if the Knicks were playing, it might’ve been the greatest basketball game ever played. Blood and guts were out on the floor, and I have never seen basketball players compete with that level of intensity for 53 minutes (and I’ve been watching this sport for a while).

There will be no criticisms to be doled out tonight, for no one player is deserving of my fury and written wrath. Manu’s 8 turnovers were very disappointing, but so were LeBron’s 6.

Ray Allen’s three made me shiver while standing, and that only happens when I urinate. He is the Heat’s “big shot Bob” and definitely deserving of every accolade he’s received.

Tim Duncan played like the first ballot Hall of Famer we have all known to love. He is the BEST power forward to ever play this game. I don’t care how many Karl Malone fans exist. Duncan played outstanding tonight, nearly perfect: 30 points and 17 rebounds is masterful. I just wished Popovich left Tim in the game for the last possession in regulation (the one where Ray fucked San Antonio in the face). Tim could’ve gotten that rebound over Bosh, no problem.

The Heat hit 11 threes, but Ray only hit one. Danny Green went 1-5 from downtown, and Wade played only 37 minutes. Not to be a total ass here, but I hope that knee of his swells up like a plum in Bon Ton, Louisiana, and gets annihilated by one of the many fang hanging vampires that live in True Blood’s town.

I’m giving total respect to Mike Miller after tonight, for sticking through playing like dog shit and still making a clutch 3 with only 1 shoe. Chalmers found his touch again, which brings me to believe that he is only good in Miami (so basically the Spurs are fucked Thursday night if Super Mario has another huge game).

Kawhi!!!! MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!!!!! If he makes both those free throws, he gets to wear the most bedazzled ring he’ll ever see. I know he’s 21 and probably can’t handle that pressure (I’d miss both), but he’s gotta make those. Man, that season depended on him making his free throws, and he botched it. In all fairness, Tony got blocked by Chris Bosh in OT when he should have taken it to the hole. I don't blame Kawhi, and neither do the Spurs. 

Tony Parker. Oh, TP, how you show why you are invaluable to this team. Tony turned the ball over zero times tonight, and Pop loved that. Tony played 43 minutes with a terrible hamstring, and it showed: 6-23 from the field. Those are Carmelo numbers when KG is in his ear chirping away. Obviously LeBron’s 11-26 isn’t that much better, but when you’ve also got 10 rebounds and 11 assists like James had tonight, you can shoot under 50% (Tony shot 26%).

Thursday night is gonna be one of the greatest matchups in the history of this sport. Fans of the NBA will see blood and guts and tears. Game 7 of the NBA finals, and we get to experience it.
I missed Chamberlain’s 100, as well as Jerry West’s half court shot. I was in the Garden when Reggie took down the choking Knicks, but don’t remember it. I never really got to see MJ dominate, nor see a Kareem sky-hook. I’ve never been to the Staples Center, let alone watch Magic do his thing. But Thursday night, I’m gonna watch LBJ, and I’m gonna watch Tony and Tim.


On the NBA’s greatest stage, this will be the last game of the season. No tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment